PoE (Power over Ethernet) is a technology that allows certain devices to transmit and receive power over an Ethernet cable, reducing the need for endpoint electrical supplies, and simplifying network design and setup. PoE equipment is divided into PSE (Power Sourcing Equipment) and PD (Powered Devices). Devices that supply power are referred to as PSE. The most widely used PSE is the network switch, which most commonly has 4, 8, 12, 16, or 24 ports. Common PoE PD are VoIP phones, IP cameras, and wireless AP (access points). EtherWAN PoE products are ideal for a wide range of commercial, educational, and industrial applications.
Benefits of PoE Switches
EtherWAN's PoE Ethernet products, including PoE Switches, PoE media converters and PoE Ethernet extenders, give an unprecedented reliability and flexibility, with high power output to support even the most demanding PoE powered devices.
- Per-Port Power —15W, 30W, 60W, 90W (IEEE 802.3bt) PoE switches
- PoE Force Mode — Power more devices, even ones that don't follow PoE standards (IEEE 802.3 af/at)
- PoE Watchdog — Automatically reboot unresponsive devices (Managed products)
- PoE Scheduling — 24/7 operation time of a PoE Powered Device can be problematic for several reasons.
- PoE Lighting — uses Power over Ethernet technology to connect, monitor, and control smart lighting for buildings.
PoE switches for IP camera systems are devices to connect and power the IP cameras via Ethernet cables. Ethernet cable is inexpensive and easy to run, and the latest
PoE / IP technologies support high-resolution cameras that offer improved video quality for IP camera systems. This prevents video loss and poor performance that can occur due to insufficient power supply to IP cameras.
Industrial Ethernet Switch Manufacturers
EtherWAN is dedicated to the innovation of industrial-grade Ethernet equipment. With experienced software and hardware teams, solid verification capability, and high-quality technical consulting, we offer a broad portfolio with outstanding technical support and the certifications to meet both IT and OT needs. Designs produced in-house and manufacturing based in Taiwan guarantee maximum quality.