How do I upgrade the firmware on EtherWAN switches?
To upgrade the firmware, a TFTP server is required. The firmware file for the switch is in a .TGZ or .IMG format. This is a compressed file; however, it should not be decompressed before updating the switch.
Note: If a Firewall is running on the PC that is running the TFTP server it may need to be temporarily disabled.
Upgrade firmware using web interface
- Copy the firmware file to the correct directory for your TFTP server. The correct directory depends on your TFTP server settings
- Navigate to System > Firmware Upgrade
- Enter the filename of the firmware in the Filename text box.
- Enter the IP Address of your TFTP server in the TFTP Server IP text box.
- Click on the Upgrade button.
- During the firmware upgrade you will see the following messages. Do not reboot or unplug the switch until the final message is received.
- Downloading now, please wait...
- tftp.img from ip success!! Install now. This may take several minutes, please wait...
- Firmware upgrade success!